Thursday, January 27, 2011

WHY I LOVE TO READ



 This is my entry into the Why I Love To Read contest at my local library:


When you read, the books take you places that you could never go. You can go to Neverland, with Peter in Peter Pan, you can go back in time, like in Laura Ingalls Wilder's stories, and you can go into the future too. In the story Hannah and the Spindle Whorl the character Hannah is in our time but she goes back to the 1800s.

I love the smell of books. Every time you flip to a new page you open a new chapter into the character's life. We go to the library almost every day. We see all of our librarians. They are the greatest. You can take a book anywhere and they can take you anywhere. That is why I love to read.

(The artwork is by my mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment